Protecting your personal details on our website.
Use of the Internet
Privacy issues including security and confidentiality of personal information disclosed on or through this website or any other electronic channels maintained by CCCU are viewed as very serious matters. Policies governing the protection of privacy are strictly observed and enforced to ensure the highest standards of protection of privacy and personal information. When you access our services through any of our electronic channels, including our website and email move from page to page, read pages, download content onto your electronic device from these channels, the following information may be recorded:
- the domain name and browser you use to access the Internet
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you visited, and how many “hits” a particular item is receiving, and links “clicked”
- the address of the website you visited immediately prior to visiting CCCU’s Website
- your IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet)
- broad demographic data
- your operating system
- data relating to malfunctions or problems occurring when you use your computer with CCCU website and other customer service information
- name of your internet service provider
CCCU uses this information to find out how may persons use our electronic channels and which aspects of our channels are used most frequently. CCCU may use this information to determine what type of information is most useful in order to improve its electronic channels, address your specific needs, provide you with a better customer experience, for marketing purposes and for general operation of our business. The information may also be used to provide records of communication between CCCU and you, and to comply with any legal and/or regulatory requirements. CCCU reminds you that communications over the internet are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries prior to being delivered – this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
Client Record and Personal Information
The personal information collected from our customers is an important part of our business process. This information likely includes at a minimum, your name, address and telephone number(s), date of birth, and if applicable the name of your spouse. Depending on the type of service that you request, additional personal information may be held in your client record.
Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal information
CCCU collects personally identifiable information we receive through your use of CCCU’s Website in several ways (i) when you register for CCCU’s services through CCCU’s Website, (ii) when you (or the Associated Entity) use the Services, and (iii) when you elect to contact us electronically to ask questions, or for other reasons.
We also receive automatic and passive data (both personally identifiable and otherwise) from the computer used to access CCCU’s Website and when you interact with CCCU’s Websites. In this regard, CCCU’s Website use common automated information gathering tools, such as logs files that record page activity, and /or “cookies.” When you visit CCCU’s Website, whether or not you are a registered user of the Services (as a “Registered User”), CCCU’s servers send a “cookie” to your computer. Cookies are small strings of text that are sent by CCCU’s Website to your browser or device and then stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive or device. Some information may exist only during one session and disappear from your computer when you close your browser of software or turn off your computer. Some cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser software or turn off your computer. To the extent that CCCU’s Website contains any third party provided features or functions, such features or functions may also send cookies from such companies or their advertising partners to your browser (known as “third party cookies”). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but it is possible to change your browser setup so that it warns you each time a cookie is being sent, blocks third party cookies or clocks, or rejects all cookies. However, rejecting cookies may prevent you from taking advantage of certain portions of CCCU’s Website.
Discretionary Contact With Us: CCCU’s Website allows you to contact us electronically through e-mail, or request other information. Whenever you make such contact, you will be providing us with some or all of the following information: your name, email address, phone number and any information you choose to include in the text of your message. If you send an e-mail message to CCCU, or complete a form, found on CCCU’s Website, CCCU will maintain the information in its databases.
Registered Users – If you are a Registered User of the Services, you (or someone on your behalf) will be providing us with some or all of the following registration-related information: full name, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, website address, and financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, payment information, and the number of employees and others within or associated with the Associated Entity. In addition, Registered Users or authorized persons within the Associated Entity will provide to us data, documents, materials, and information to be posted, distributed, or received by Users of CCCU’s Website (collectively, “Posted Content”).
Tracking: We do not engage in the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party website or online services, and we do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information from CCCU’s Website as part of their tracking of such online activities. Accordingly, we do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party website.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED? Our Use of Information. We collect, retain, and use the information we collect via CCCU’s Website for legitimate business purposes only. This not only allows us to provide the Services as they exist today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- to provide you with our services;
- to help keep CCCU’s Website safe and secure, and protect users’ rights or property;
- to correspond with you regarding our Services or matters relating to your use or potential use of CCCU’s Website, or to inform you of developments in our company or with our Services that we believe may be of interest to you. CCCU will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the Services. CCCU may also use information we collect for products and event information dissemination purposes.
Sharing of Information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don’t share information we receive about you with others. Moreover, we do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes.
However, notwithstanding the foregoing, we may share your personal information in limited situations as follows:
- to protect and defend our rights, property, or safety or those of our Registered Users, or others; and in connection with the enforcement of terms which may govern CCCU’s Website or provision of the services;
- when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities (such as for potential fraud or infringement);
- when required to do so by law or regulation, or in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena) or a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or authority, and in other circumstances in which we have a good faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by you or another User or that an emergency exists that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; and
- aggregate statistical information with respect to “traffic” patterns and usage of CCCU’s Website may be provided to our partners or affiliates, provided that such information has been rendered non-personally identifiable.
The contractual agreements between us and these third parties require them to keep the information we provide confidential and to use the information only for the purposes authorized by us.
Your knowledge and consent to CCCU’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is important. We rely on your actions as indications of your consent to our existing and future personal information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of personal information in person to CCCU or through any of our electronic channels;
- Your express consent of acknowledgement contained within a written verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent, or holder of a power of attorney;
- Your consent solicited by CCCU (or our agent) for a specified purpose; or
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw consent or discuss the implications of such withdrawal, please contact us through one of the means described in the preface. In some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent you from withholding consent. Your decision to withhold consent may also limit the products and services that CCCU is able to provide to you.
Location of Your Client Record
Your client record, whether electronic or paper, is kept at the offices of CCCU. Paper records forming part of your client record may also be kept in offsite storage. Your client record may be transferred to other locations for disaster recovery purposes which may be overseas.
Right to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
Except in limited circumstances described in the applicable legislation, you are entitled to access, through a written request, the personal information contained in your client record. You may verify this personal information and request that any inaccurate information be corrected. For information on this process, please contact our office at 1-869-466-9453.
Limits on How Long Personal Information if Kept
CCCU will retain your personal information as long as it is necessary, including updating the product or service or as required by law. When we destroy the information, we will use safeguards to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information during the process.
Safeguards for your personal information.
CCCU may in its sole discretion refund the registration paid by an attendee to its annual Convention. If for any reason an attendee must cancel, a US$100.00 cancellation fee will be applied.